Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chemo Five

Well, I was going to download my pictures from Canada and post them tonight. That would be one of the best laid plans of mice and men ganging aglee. The camera keeps shutting off when I try to access it. It may be the batteries, so I'll get some new ones and try again tomorrow. I'm not overly happy about that, but thems the breaks, as a co-worker of Lee's used to say.
Chemo went fine today. I can't believe it's the fifth one already and the last one is just around the corner. Fortunately the block that corner is on includes the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa. Before I get there, I have to survive the orc wars and walk in the survivors lap in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life--hopefully the orcs will have retreated by then.
So what have I been doing lately. Monday was my annual eye exam. Something in my life is going right--no changes, no glaucoma, no Macular degeneration, no cataracts--yet. Have a good life and we'll see you next year.
Went downtown to see my therapist yesterday. I was feeling much better than I did two weeks ago. After the visit, I walked to the San Francisco Center, where I bought some more books--started on the Sue Grafton series, finally. Also went to Nordstrom where I couldn't find any clothes that I really wanted but did get some makeup--my eyebrows have been steadily thinning, so I got brow makeup to enhance them. My hair is still coming out, but not as much and now in inch or less long strands that are hard to pick up--so I'm just shedding.
Sorry about the pictures. I'll see what I can do about them tomorrow while I'm still feeling fairly good. I'm also hoping to make a run to the office to show the guys I'm still alive. Once I start radiation, I'll see if I'm up to maybe four hours a day. I need to get back to work before they figure out that they can get along perfectly well without me--if they haven't already. I miss my spreadsheets and fighting with vendors--er--setting vendors straight.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay! Five down-- only one more to go! That's pretty impressive... and of COURSE I'd think about how to cook wild turkeys... :-)

Wendy said...

woohoo, on the home stretch! hang in there! I love reading your updates.