Monday, July 14, 2008

Side effects

I'm making it through chemo cycle # 5. I pretty much spent the weekend lying in bed, taking meds at the proper times, reading. I'm working my way through the Sue Grafton Alphabet Mysteries. Don't know what's taken me so long, but I read the first three this weekend. I watched the Giants, who finally won one for me yesterday--and I didn't even have the heart to watch the end of the 9th inning. I was so afraid they would blow it, I didn't want to give them the added pressure.
The drugs helped keep the pain down--I wasn't comfortable--still not comfortable--but I'm getting by. I have yet to experience the nausea that used to be standard with chemo--that would be thanks to really good drugs. The bone pain is still around, along with some stomach pain--no nausea, just pain. Then there's the one I never heard about with chemo--peripheral neuropathy. My fingers and toes are either tingling or numb. It isn't fun. It is supposed to go away after chemo--or not. I've got no energy at all. My big exercise is going out in the morning and getting the newspaper. I am exercising my mind, since I've started doing the crosswords. I never really liked them before because I can't spell, but let's face it, I've got lots of time on my hands, so there we are. My sister and Margaret should be proud of me, because I think it was their influence that made me try the puzzles.
That would be it for now. Tomorrow should be better.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Yes, but my mother is actually a crossword puzzle pansy. She GIVES UP after a certain amount of time. (!) Probably because she actually gets things done, whereas the rest of us are truly committed and will work on a really important puzzle for hours.