Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spending Mr. Bush's Money

Remember my digital camera? I thought it was the batteries? It may just be old age. I think I've had it about ten years. I know I bought it with a Team Award from the phone company. I know I spent a lot of money for it at the time--it has 2.1 megapixils! Whoop-di-do! Whatever, yesterday, I decided I needed a new one, so I went out with my economic incentive, or whatever it is called, and got a new Canon--8 megapixils--and a library of instruction manuals that need to be read before a single shot can be fired, it seems. So I think I will take my dying old Canon to Sonoma with me. For all the times I 've been there, I've never taken pictures. This time, I'll be taking pictures--of the room, of the pools--of my massage therapists, if they will let me. I might take the new camera and the books in case I run out of reading material...
The last time I saw my oncologist, she said it would take longer to get over each cycle. She was right. I'm still not feeling completely good. I went to an Eastern Star reception Friday night. I didn't have to drive, but it still took a lot out of me. I was really hurting by the time it was over, and it really wasn't all that long. Yesterday, I was supposed to walk the survivors' lap in our local Relay for Life. I didn't even want to get out of my jammies when I was supposed to be there. I left a message for our team leader and went back to sleep--and slept till after noon. I went out long enough to buy the camera and some more books, came home and went to sleep for a few more hours. I think I was awake maybe 5 out of 24 hours. Each day I feel a little better, but there is still lots of room to go. The only thing on my list tomorrow is getting blood drawn and packing for Sonoma--basically swimsuits, sweats, underwear, and jammies...and books and knitting and needlework. I think I can handle that. In the evening, i have a date with Glenn for dinner and a movie for my birthday week. I could make him sit through Wall-E or the American Girl movie, and he would, but I think we'll see Mama Mia! I think that would be the least torturous for him. Tuesday, it is the oncologist, a referral to a radiation oncologist, and off to Sonoma. My first treatment is at 4 PM.
xxppxx

3 comments:

gretchen said...

Have a great time!

Victoria said...

Look who figured out how to make comments!

Have fun in Sonoma...

Bertamom said...

First treatment at 4 p.m. - and every hour on the hour after that? Have a fabulous time, Anne -