Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Taking the waters

We went to the spa at Manitou Beach on Canada Day (that would be yesterday). It is by a lake in which it is impossible to drown because the mineral content is so high. The townspeople built a spa (probably more than one, we just went to the main one) using these waters. There are pools of varying degrees of heat. Learning to navigate in the mineral water was a little difficult, but the heat felt good. It was the first time I'd been submerged since I was at Lake Louise (in the heated pool and hot tub, not the frozen lake) in February before all this wonderfulness in my life started. It was glorious--salty, but glorious.
Today is another lounge day. I'm getting lots of rest and feeling quite good. I know my blood counts are coming up (ready for the next attack), by my energy level and I'm not bruising as easily as even a few days ago. When we got back to Wynyard yesterday, I missed the top step into the house and the worst thing I bruised was my dignity.
That's it for now.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Victoria said...

You went to a spa? What a surprise. (Actually, I'm surprised it took you so long to find one!)