Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dr. Radiation Oncology

So, I met with Dr. Steven Weller today. My next appointment will be for a simulation next Wednesday, I'm assuming that will be when I'll get marked up, including what I hope will be tiny tattoos to make sure they are radiating the right place. After that, it will be a week or so to finish up this round of chemo, then the radiation will start, every day, Mon-Fri for about 5 1/2 weeks. I have plans to get away for my 30th anniversary on Sept 30. The doctor expects we should be done by then. Yippee. Now I just have to decide whether I want to keep my reservation at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, which would include flights to and from, or go back to Sonoma where they know and love me, which is just an hour and a half to two hours away. I'm leaning back toward Sonoma, but I'll wait and see how tired the whole process makes me.
That's the latest update.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Bertamom said...

Tattoos? TATTOOS? Well, I can recommend a good artist, and when the radiation's done, you can get them made into something pretty! (gg)

5 1/2 weeks - that's a long time. If you ever need a driver, let me know, and I can probably sneak away from my boss at work - oh, wait, I don't have a boss right now! Whatever - if you need anything, give me a call!

Victoria said...

Ugh. That sounds like a whole lot of nonsense. I'm glad you had a good time in Sonoma though-- and that you are planning a possible return trip!