Friday, February 13, 2009

Chemo 2.3

Chemo was somehow different yesterday. I can't say quite how, just different. Glenn and I stopped at the deli just below the infusion center for sandwiches for lunch. I aet mine while watching my soap, then went to bed. I was feeling more or less miserable. Nothing hurt, I just didn't feel good. And I had to feel good, because we had initiation at Eastern Star and I play a big part in the ceremony. About 4:30, I was thinking about calling the Worthy Matron and asking her to find someone else, but I've been Worthy Matron three times already, and know that's not a call you want to get. So I called my buddy, Dory, for a ride and we got there. I made it through, but I was really glad when it was over. It was very cold last night, so I wore a sweater. With the sweater on, I was sweating like a pig--without it, I was shivering. I opted for sweating. When I got home and got into my jammies, I pulled my name badge off my sequined top--it was wet on the inside! I'd sweat right through all the sequins. Glenn actually beat me home, and he works till eleven. Then I stayed up reading and didn't get to sleep till after 2. Hope to do better than that tonight.
I worked up the energy to go to Curves (without the bloodsuckers this week) in the morning. I didn't want to go, but that's when you need to. To my great delight, they will be closed for the holiday on Monday, so I won't have to feel guilty about not going then. I got a call from my sister when I got home--still at the Tanaya Lodge where they spent last night. Highway 41 into Yosemite was closed due to snow. Her husband was getting the chains on the tires as we spoke. We reminisced about the only time our mother drove with chains. We were 10 and 11 and terribly excited about the falling snow. Our mother was scared spitless, but managed to get us home in one piece. She was an amazing woman. The roads opened while Gretchen and I talked. I assume they got to their cabin. Whether or not they get any cross country skiing in is another question. There is a bigger storm moving in tomorrow. I sure hope they like the friends they are spending the weekend with--at the end of the weekend.
To make things complete, I broke my temporary crown tonight--Friday before I holiday weekend, of course. I'm not sure my dentist was pleased to hear from me, but he has a computer guy coming in and has to open the office for him, so he'll let me know when that is, and fix it for me. Life is just a series of exciting events. Maybe I'll reread Lemony Snickett. Look on the bright side. I could be snowed in with Gretchen instead of looking forward to my third visit with my dentist in a week and a half.
Oh, and once again, I'm having problems with Outlook--and my geek is on vacation. I guess I'll live with Yahoo! Mail until he gets back or I get annoyed enough to call Tech Support on the other side of the world.
That's it for now.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Sounds like life is truly delightful. Weekend dentist visits, way distant tech support or the wait for familiar tech support, all sorts of good stuff. Lemony S. sounds about right. With a little Alfred Hitchcock thrown in for leavening.

If the chemo felt pretty rotten, maybe it’s doing what it is supposed to do. You know, kill off a bunch of annoying little cells. And on the way, murdering an abundance of perfectly good little guys as well. That’s what poison does, I’m told.
So that could be your quicksilver lining, darling.

Anyway, I hope that’s it. Let’s hope you can read and knit your way out of it again.

Here’s to the speedy return of your tech support!

Bung Ho, my sweet! Sweat not the sweat!

La La La La love,

RRR©Z