Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras--Sonoma style

I had lemon-cottage cheese pancakes today, in honor of Shrove Tuesday. After that, it was off for another hard day in the spa. I started with a Vanilla Float, which I don't think I've described yet. It is not a fountain confection. It starts with a gentle exfoliation, followed by a slathering with vanilla shea butter, a wrap, and a descent into a flotation bed. While you are soaking up the lotion, you get a scalp and foot massage. It ends with a vanilla float, which is a fountain confection, only made with yogurt, so it's healthy. After a rest and short nap in the lounge, I had a Lavender Kur, a Thai massage, another rest, the bathing ritual, and a hair and scalp revitalizer. It was another hard day. I had filet mignon for dinner, also in honor of Mardi Gras. It was a beautiful day today. Much as we need the rain, it was lovely to see blue sky. I have another Watsu in the morning, so I'd be happy with another beautiful morning.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wild with jealousy. Yogurt vanilla float, lemon-cottage cheese pancakes, especially the lavender kur.

Next you’ll tell me they have cherry phosphate hot springs and you will have reached your length. Not possible. Not even you can cough up 49 years of worldly experience and transform it into a dramatsu spa experience.

I just saw our Vice President with a huge dark smudge on his forehead. Such a shock. I mean, he was appearing with the President at a large political function on C-SPAN TV in front of the whole world.

What gives? Did he forget to wash his face after shaving this morning? But even a sacrilegious scrounge like me can figure this one out. It’s Ash Wednesday!

So, happy Dark Smudge Day. What’s on the menu for Ashes Day?

Force yourself to endure another day of luxuriant debauchery. I know it’s hard, but give it your best try.

LLLove,

RRR©Z

Victoria said...

Mmmmm.... Vanilla floats. That was lovely. I remember.