Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow

And it wasn't anything I had planned. Nice day today, downtown to see my therapist, always a good home. Home, watched my soap, napped for a few hours. Glenn took me out to dinner--the Chinese restaurant that our old San Bruno friends bought in San Mateo. Chrissy saw us coming afar off and rushed from the back of the restaurant to meet us--almost got to the front door before before we did. She killed the fatted calf for us and a delightful meal was had--until I crunched on something harder than the cashews in the chicken. Turned out to be a crown--which I rescued and did not swallow. I've already left a message at my dentist's office. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow that I didn't plan--at least I hope so, because I leave for Santa Barbara (with my new laptop) on Thursday. Life is so very exciting.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Bertamom said...

That kind of excitement you DON'T need. Ugh. I HATE dental work. Hope it all goes smoothly -

Anonymous said...

Lunch a la crown is never a lot of fun. But you did save it. Good girl. If all goes well, you can get it at least temporarily back in place for the trip. Or something temporary in place.

I know you. You have probably known your dentist for at least 20 years. Or maybe his father and you knitted the son a ton of little things since he was born. So you will be getting superlative service and a promise of no pain for the foreseeable future.

I’m so pleased about the new laptop! Sounds like a lovely set up, too. The perfect thing to add to a fledgling knit-selling career. Bravo!

Have you considered getting your books on the digital reader from Amazon? My brother Ron (and Oprah, of course) says that it is the coming thing, Anne. Lightweight, easily readable, works on cellphone technology, is cheaper than paperback and hardback books, and can hold sinful amounts of reading matter including news and mags.

Have a happy at Gretchen’s.

LLLuv,

RRR©Z