Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dealing with little things

It is never the big things. The big things are easy. It is the piddling little things that get you down. So the rash. The prednisone didn't help--and the rash popped up other places and hurt. Tuesday I saw my primary care, who referred me to a dermatologist. Saw the dermatologist on Wednesday. She pronounced it (them) an infection, took a culture of one of the open wounds, and gave me a prescription for antibiotics and an ointment, and made an appointment for a two week follow up. After two days of the antibiotic, things are looking better.
I was a very good girl and reported on everything to Dr. Chee (the oncologist). She pushed out my chemo for a week.
So that's where we are. Right now I'm having a strange pain that may be gall bladder. Of course, it is nearly ten at night, so there isn't much to do about it now. I've had these pains before--it will go away if I am a good girl and sit quietly. I'll probably forget about it before I talk to Dr. Chee again. Still, it is annoying while it's going on. Oh, and my belly button is still draining--and yes, I told that to Dr. Chee. We're hoping the antibiotic takes care of that too.
Here's to better days.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Sounds like a crappy, rashy week for you, there are fires all over Santa Barbara and I found out I need to come up with 34K for my house in a year. Good week for the family.