Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Somewhat Calmer

Things are getting fixed. The garage door was just a broom in the way of the sensors. I made Glenn pay for the visit because he's the one that put the broom in the path. We had the thing serviced, so it wasn't a wasted visit. My car has been in the car hospital since yesterday. The windshield washer got replaced, as did some relays that may have caused the fan to run down the battery. There is a crack in some manifold--an outdated part, of course, but the mechanic will weld it together for me. There are a few disadvantages of driving a 14 year old car. The advantage is that it is paid for.
The only thing on the medical horizon is an echocardigram tomorrow. This chemo has an ugly little side effect of heart damage, so they are just checking. I don't get winded or anything, it is just because it's time for this test.
I have two memorial services on Saturday. One is in Gustine--I think that's the one I won't go to, much as I liked the guest of honor.
I have become addicted to Facebook's Farm Town. I'm saving up for more land and a farmhouse. I have been known to check my crops in the middle of the night when I wake up to use the facilities. That's a sad addiction. The beauty of it is that it comes with no calories and does keep me from nibbling.
Have to pack soon--off to Yosemite on Sunday. I'm hoping it isn't too crowded and that there is lots of water in the falls and some dogwood still in blossom. I'll take it any way I can get it.
That catches you up.
xxooxx

No comments: