Friday, May 22, 2009

Up and running again

It has been a miserable week. Everything broke at the same time--and now no Al to fix it. Not that he could fix everything. My desktop had a virus--after an hour or so on the phone with the Geek Squad, I just said "Send someone out." That was Tuesday. It got fixed today. I don't care how long it took, it is fixed for now.
The garage door motor is on its last legs. Al could have fixed that, and would have. Sears will be out tomorrow morning. The motor on my windshield squinter is dead--that's been ordered.
On the bright side, I saw my oncologist this morning and all is going well. The lymph nodes continue to shrink. I will have one more chemo before Canada then will have a break with another CAT scan after I get home. The skin thing turns out to be chemo related after all. My doctor spent time chatting with the maker of Doxil and they have seen that reaction with massage and heat. So much for my many visits to Sonoma. Not that I can afford it right now. I'll keep throwing creams and body butters at my skin and hope it helps. I don't want to give up spaing forever, just for a while.
That's about it for the broken stuff. I was using my laptop--it worked but wasn't what I really wanted to use. The desktop is more comfortable. I'm glad to have it back. Even now I'm being a good girl and backing up my data.
xxooxx

No comments: