Thursday, June 26, 2008

All systems go

Saw my oncologist this morning--no problem with leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. Actually, I do know when I'll come home again--July 5, in time for chemo number 5 on the 9th. I'm more or less packed--now is the time I throw in the kitchen sink and anything else I think I just might possibly need for a trip to the back of beyond. I might just want to change my clothes 40 times a day--every day--and never wear the same thing twice. Oops--I'm flying and there is that pesky little weight restriction. Hmm--maybe I don't need to take all my t-shirts--even if they are cute. Then there is the question of which CP's and how many to take. Couldn't possibly have the same hair color for 9 whole days.
And on the subject of hair--it is still coming out. Slowly, but still coming out. It isn't as easy to keep track of, because no strand is an inch long and most of what is coming out is very white--almost impossible to see. My eyebrows are thinning. I look at the pictures from Lake Louise and Yosemite and notice a big difference. Desperate Housewives did a really good job of showing Lynette's progress through lymphoma--except she always had perfect eyebrows. That's the dead giveaway. I still have eyelashes--big deal, I can't help those along because all mascara turns my eyeballs bright red. Now for the big question--do I have the energy to apply war paint to look ravishing? Well, no, not really.
Time to weigh the suitcase and decide to screw the cost and take a second one. The really exciting thing about tomorrow's trip is that I have to be at the airport around 5:30 in the morning. I fly to Vancouver, BC then wait an incredibly long time between planes and then fly to Saskatoon. I think I get there early evening. Good thing I always take plenty of toys.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I’m with you there. The more clothing, the merrier, I say.

No laundry, no work, no worry. Lot’s more diversion and sassy fresh fun.

And, gadzooks, gal, if you’ve got varietal CPs, use ‘em. We are all madly jealous.

I am even slightly envious of your eyebrow experience. In my dotage, my eye-framers sprout lots of wiry, extra long hairsprings that come in a brown-to-white spectrum that refuse to be tamed.

I won’t detail my other facial hair experiences. Nor do I think I need to. Aha. You’ve got it.

Have a great time and stay out of the kitchen sink.

La la love, RRR©Z