Friday, June 20, 2008

Reading

I've done lots of reading in my life, but more so over the past four months. I've read lots of James Patterson--all the Women's Murder Club and all but Double Cross of the Alex Cross series, buying the last bunch and reading them in chronological order so that they would make more sense. There have been extraneous books to fill in the time. This last week, I read Kate Jacobs' wonderful The Friday night Knitting Club. I'm not going to give anything away about the story, except to say that it wasn't quite what I expected and better than I could have imagined. I even sent a fan e-mail to the author. I was sorry almost sorry when I reached the last word and had to put it down.
So now that I've finished the book, I'm just waiting around for the orc invasion. So far, so good, but it's early times. It is very warm today, the doors and windows are open and the fans are on and the CP is off. I don't do heat. I am a fog breathing creature and I'm more comfortable with grey air I can chew. One of the Visiting Nurses told me that lots of water would help with the chemo side effects, so I'm trying to do that. The Dietitian said I should try for 16 cups of water a day. That's a big leap. Somewhat easier when I'm home, knitting or reading--or doing cross stitch--I'm almost finished the project I started in the hospital. I do that in the bedroom, because the light is better, and was making great progress while I spending most of my time in bed. Now that I'm up and around, it doesn't get the attention it needs. I could probably finish it this weekend if I hop to it. Maybe I will, and maybe I won't. I think it all depends on the orcs and the amount of drugs needed to quiet them.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie - it was great catching up with you today. I hope the orks are all being kept at bay. I'll be praying for you this weekend. Big hugs...