Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not much happining

My sister observed that when I'm feeling good and keeping busy, the blog input goes down. Possible. More probable is that some periods are really boring and I don't want to send my friends who take the time to read this into a catatonic trance.
So, what have I been doing. Knitting, lots of knitting--and finishing projects without buying more yarn. I actually emptied one of the plastic bags that are crowding me out of the craft/computer/office/junk room. I was so proud of myself, I could hardly stand it. Knitting comes with its own set of excitement. One of the side effects of one of my chemo drugs is neuropathy of the fingers and toes. It is a little weird knitting when your fingers are numb. But I've got all this yarn and all these projects, so I keep doing them.
I've been watching lots of movies, thanks to my friend Sue who owns just about every DVD that's been produced. She brings me all good stuff, too.
Friday my friend Dory and I went to the CP store to learn how to wash the blonde and redhead (human hair) and pick up some products. Oops--and get yet another cyberhair CP. I wanted to try a darker brown, closer to what my hair was before the telephone company turned me grey. I found out why my hair is now grey--it actually looks better on me than what my natural hair color (whatever that was since I colored it from the mid 70's to the mid 90's). Not a problem, I got one that is a darker brown than the light brown that looks like reddish. This one looks sort of reddish too, but it is a few shades darker, curly and somewhat longer than CP's 1 & 2--see pictures. I'm going to Yosemite on Wednesday, so I'll take this one with me and get pictures there.
Saturday, to get some exercise, really, I walked around a couple of malls. Couldn't do one mall twice because there was nothing interesting there except Mrs. Fields, and while Debbi used to be one of my very best friends, I'm really trying to avoid her.
The Giants have won three games in a row--I think they do this to make me feel better.
I started to come out of the post chemo pain Tuesday or Wednesday. I still don't feel great, but I feel better than I did. My schedule with the Visiting Nurses got thrown off a little, hence I had a visit today. They always ask me about my level of pain, which is generally around a 3. I told her that I'm at an age where something hurts most of the time just on general principles.
Church was very sad today. We had a congregational meeting to dissolve the pastoral relationship with our incredibly wonderful pastor whose wife got a job in Minnesota. It was a pretty weepy meeting. Things perked up in the afternoon, when I went to a graduation party for Miss Laura Grace Henry. Miss Laura Grace and her family know how special she has been to me from the time she popped out early, with an agenda, to this very minute. I just can't believe that it was long enough ago for her to now be a high school graduate. It was a nice party. Good friends, good time.
That catches you up. If anything truly exciting or memorable happens before I leave for God's house (that would be Yosemite), I'll let you know. Otherwise, I'll flood you with pictures when I get back.
xxooxx

4 comments:

Bertamom said...

So when you're not posting much, maybe it's because you're out having fun somewhere - cool! And I can't wait for pics from Yosemite - should be beautiful. Thanks for coming by on Sunday - you hold a special place in our hearts too!

Victoria said...

Yay! Yosemite! Have fun--

And by the way-- your post about friends was really good. Made me get a little misty even.

Anonymous said...

OK...so the hair thing is a good thing? you get to change your color without the hastle of coloring it yourself. Is this the "upside" of the situation?
Ah Yosemite! time for a vacation for me, too!

Anonymous said...

anonymous just found out that I'm your music buddy. now to conquer the password. I really need to keep notes.