Monday, June 16, 2008

I love the mountains







Two for one--this is CP #5 with Yosemite Falls in the background. We had a wonderful time, even if I did leave millions of mosquitoes very well fed. I thought it was really rude of them to bite through my shirt. The most annoying was when I swatted them just after they took a long drink, so I got bug guts containing my blood all over. The weather was glorious, the company couldn't be beat. I was sorry not to hike, but I just wasn't up to that. We did get some good walks--at least a mile a day. I took a good long nap every afternoon.
It wasn't too crowded--not what it will be in July. By July there should be no more water in Yosemite Falls. Like the rest of California, they got very little rain this last season--lots of snow, but no rain. We managed to find a few dogwood trees that were still in blossom and lots of wild flowers as we got to the higher country on our way out Sunday.


This a typical shot of Kathy. She took very good care of me, making sure I did not over exert myself.





I don't need another picture of Half Dome...well, maybe just one more--the light is different than the last 100 or so I've taken of it...

















Not quite Ansel Adams, but amazingly steady considering that on that particular evening walk, the mosquitoes were chomping on my back through my shirt like they were working on an ear of corn, chomp, chomp, chomp...












Visited Bridal Veil Falls on our way out--the saddest part of any trip to Yosemite.

So now it is home again, home again. I'm feeling really good--the wound is healing, nothing hurts--itches but doesn't hurt--it must be time for more chemo. Yup--Wednesday morning and then we start this all over again.
xxooxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the all your soul snatchers, especially Half Dome.

Sounds like they’ve bred a particularly virulent strain of vampirical mosquitoes specifically for you and Mary. Just to perforate your specific clothing accouterments. Nice.

Hope you had a word with His Eminence about it when you were there.

And, good grief darling, I can’t even make a mile on flat ground. This is so unfair.

Sorry that the celestial faucets are turning off way early this year.

We are all holding our breath and hoping for no more flames.

LLL, RRR©Z

Victoria said...

YAY! Great pictures-- looks like you had a fabulous time. Cute CP #5, by the way...

Hope the orcs will make no more appearance after Wednesday...

Anonymous said...

Just a thought on the m'quito bites... the itching is an allergic reaction, yes? And our immunity is down, yes again? Perhaps those things are related...
My photos (about 220 of 'em) are going to take a while to edit down... nice shots you've got there!
Thank you so much for an incredible, memorable trip!
xoxo

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures, Anne.

Good luck today.

Anonymous said...

Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain.

She is busy filling a new cranial prosthesis with as many little gray cells as it will hold.

With apologies to Kathy who is most certainly not Mary.

My most humble etceteras.

RRR©Z

(And to Mary who does not exist.)