Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fourth Chemo and THE WOUND

Fourth chemo today--yeah--only two more to go. Of course, I still will have the orcs to deal with. I keep trying new tricks on them. God bless Glenn. He takes me there, stays with me, makes the lunch run, and brings me home. It's got to be really boring for him, but he does it.
Now, for THE WOUND--it has closed, from the bottom up. The Visiting nurses discharged me on Monday and my Plastic Surgeon checked it today. We're done! It looks kind of funny--like I have two belly buttons or something. My plastic Surgeon said to see him after I'm finished with chemo and radiation and he'll see what he can do. But I'm done--it's finished. I can take a bath. I can shower whenever I want to, not just half an hour before the nurse gets here! It's been almost three months of poking, prodding, packing, draining, reopening when the top was closing faster than the inside, and scheduling my life around the nurse's visits. It is so liberating to be wearing no bandages. It is a small victory, but a victory all the same. Maybe that is the joy of this whole proposition--finding small victories to rejoice in and celebrate. Now I have to check my calendar to see when I can go to the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa. It has been WAY too long.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes. They've missed you in Sonoma. Get thee to a massage table...

Bertamom said...

Yeah, you're way overdue for some major pampering. I guess you gotta take the victories as they come - big or small, they all count!