Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Done!

Like Robert Redford, at the end of "The Candidate," I find myself asking "What do I do now?" Oh I have follow up appointments scheduled and it will take me a few weeks to get my strength back, but the daily focus on cancer is over. I'm doing well and looking forward to lounging tomorrow--at least until my podiatrist appointment in the afternoon. Beside my upcoming trip to Sonoma, the only excitement is "how will my hair grow back?' It is already taking on color--well, some dark amid the white. It isn't long enough to see if it will be curly or wavy. I still have mounds of paper to throw away or deal with in some other way, and much work to make the bedroom semi-tidy, so I think I will manage to fill my time. Sonoma will be a nice break. I'll start to try eating things that have been off the list through radiation--just not too quickly. I got through that remarkably well, so I don't want to jinx things.
So that's where we are--finishing healing and happy to be a cancer survivor.
xxooxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there cancer survivor! You are amazing. See you on Friday - could I arrive at 12:30?

Anonymous said...

Hi there cancer survivor! You are amazing. See you on Friday - could I arrive at 12:30?

Victoria said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!

Enjoy Sonoma. Especially the hot steamy bath parts that some of us can't partake in because of certain casts...

Bertamom said...

Done, done, doney - done, done! Yay! I think everyone's happy you're a cancer survivor - I know we all are!