Monday, September 8, 2008

Hair!

It seems to be coming back. Not necessarily where I would like it, but coming back all the same. This morning I had to put the tweezers to my chin--don't remember the last time I did that, sometime in May, I think. It may be wishful thinking, but I think I see baby eyebrows when I'm penciling on something that passes for them. My legs felt a little scratchy when I put lotion on them this morning. And the head. I think I see and feel new growth. That will take the longest time, of course. One of my friends in radiation, breast cancer, started chemo after I did and finished before (is that fair?), said she and no hair then all of a sudden there it was. The downside of hair coming in is that it renders the cranial prostheses even hotter and itchier.
I still have tingly fingers and toes. Sometimes I think they are tingling more and that is the start of feeling coming back, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I don't know which I'm looking forward to more--a full head of hair or feeling in my fingers and toes.

Of course, I still have projects going. This is a sweater for ME, although one of the wives in the radiation waiting room thinks is would do handsomely in her wardrobe. Guess again.
This one is for the baby of one of my sister's friends. It's kind of fun to work on something completely new and different--even if I do have to rip it out more often than the patterns I can do in my sleep.

That seems to be it for now. The Giants were quite spectacular yesterday--unfortunately, I was watching the 49ers at the time, who weren't. Don't these people know they are part of my recovery?
xxooxx

No comments: