Friday, September 26, 2008

Counting down to Sonoma

If i had stuck with the original plan, I would even now be settling into my Casita in Scottsdale--and I'd have had to deal with airports, airplanes, rental cars, limitations on luggage, the usual stuff. Instead, I'm counting down till Sunday afternoon, after church, after a congregational meeting and a committee meeting, when I can drive the hour and a half to the Valley of the Moon. This time, I'll be smart and go by way of the beach. That should cut half an hour at least from my last trip.
So, what have I been doing lately? Wednesday, I saw my podiatrist--a doctor who had NOTHING to do with cancer--yippee. I get hard little calluses in the pores of my feet and after a while, it feels like I'm walking around on pebbles--in this case the Rock of Gibraltar on one foot and Ayers Rock on the other. Even with my numb feet I could feel them. They are gone now.
Saw my primary care yesterday, who congratulated me on being done. I told him I NEVER want to do that again. I will, if I ever have to, but given my druthers... I got a flu shot, which is now swollen and red with a huge almost spider-web bruise. I want sympathy for that--and I really want it to feel better before people start massaging every muscle I have.
Today was terribly exciting in that I saw no doctors at all. Can life get any more exciting than that? I celebrated by lounging until after 11 in the morning, finishing my next to last Sue Grafton book. I've moved on to T is for Trespass. When I finish that, I'll just have to wait around for the next one the way I waited for the Harry Potter books. Not to worry, I have a new series to start by Nevada Barr. The good thing about driving to Sonoma is that I can take as many books and as much yarn as I want. I've got a sweater for Glenn in the works and a baby blanket that I'm already bored with but will finish--thinking about taking yarn and needles for a new project, since I'll be there for a week. Let's face it, you just can't be slathered with lotions, potions, and creams 24 hours a day--you need to knit and read too.
So there I am. My beloved Bears are playing tomorrow, may they do well. I'm nearly packed with way more than I need, but you just never can tell what you might want.
xxooxx

No comments: