Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Recovering from the weekend

Even though I really didn't DO anything, I'm still recovering. Yesterday I had blood work before radiation, so I didn't get to say good by to the girl just before me who finished her treatment. I did have a rare treat Monday afternoon. The Bride whose wedding I attended in August was working and had a layover in San Francisco. Did I feel well enough to have coffee with her? You betcha. I picked her up at the airport, and we spent the afternoon drinking pomegranate tea and catching up. I loved her at eleven and I love her now all grown up.
Today I had a longer session because the changed my radiation--took lots of x-rays and "boosted" (their word) my radiation for the last week. Five more days to go! I just don't know what I will do with my time when I have no more treatments to go to.
I went down town at noon for an appointment. I walked up to Union Square afterwards and stopped in at North Face to personally thank the manager I worked with in January to get me ready for my trip to Lake Louise--and tell her my story about the ski pants saving my life. I also went into Britex to buy buttons for the latest sweater, then down to the San Fransisco Center where I could take an escalator down to BART. I was going to do some grocery shopping, but was just too tired. I fell asleep watching Judge Judy and barely had time to heat up some dinner before I was off to Session meeting at church. Blessedly I have NOTHING to do all day and evening tomorrow after radiation.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

Don't forget knitting/craft circle! We'd love to see you there. I can't believe you're down to your last week of radiation - yahoo!!