Friday, January 16, 2009

100th posting Chemo 2.2

Since this is the 100th, it should be profound--it won't be. Tuesday I did my normal--slept late and knit. Did a little organizing on a shelf in the bookcase in the study. Eliminated a few things. Smiled over my wedding book and honeymoon pictures. I decided that my Pelican's (Cal campus humor magazine) from 1966 through 1969 are treasures so I have to keep them. Another reading may move them into the ranks of they-are-archived someplace else-like-maybe-Cal and don't have to be my particular treasures. They might not be as funny to 61 -year-old eyes and minds.

Wednesday morning I went to Curves. Didn't want to but went. Saw my favorite street sign in San Bruno on the way back--more about that later. In the afternoon I knit, went to Craft Circle at church and knit some more. Because I've been working on three projects at the same time, they are all three nearing completion--just in time to start Elaine's birthday sweater and the baby block--foam should be here by fed-ex today.

So yesterday was infusion day. Not so bad--9 to 11:30. The Doxil is very pretty as it goes in--sort of red-orange. Since it was Thursday it was walking day. Now there was a slight hitch to walking day because our path was closed for maintenance. No problem, we met in San Bruno Park and walked that twice--just under a mile. I think I could have done it one more time, but didn't want to push it. On our first round, we detoured slightly out of the park so that I could show Kathy my sign and get a picture of it. Behold the sign:
Now I can't figure out quite what this means. You shouldn't be attacked by vicious dogs, because dogs aren't allowed in any city parks. The people aren't really rowdy. There hasn't been a beheading to my knowledge. It is just a sweet city park with a bandstand. So if you're planning a trip to San Bruno City Park, be not afraid. Guess I should have taken more pictures--of the kids practicing soccer, the dad playing catch with his son, the babies in strollers, and of course the old guys like us walking. It's a good little walk and can be repeated as long as you want to. I think it's .4 miles around once

So that's it, the 100th blog. I woke up just before 6 this morning, hurting. I took a percocet and a compozine and tried to get back to sleep. Couldn't so did some sudokus and migrated to the computer room for more organization. The hurting is gone somewhat, so I think it's time for breakfast.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
You have to be careful of the city parks...they're not like the county parks...ha ha! What a great sign! It sure made me laugh.
-Jennifer