Thursday, January 1, 2009

Your Basic Perfect New Year's Day

I got up at 8 in the morning, watched the Rose Parade, had my breakfast, watched two miscellaneous bowl games, watched the Rose Bowl---I couldn't make my body cheer for USC but I was rooting mightily for the Pac 10--the much maligned Pac 10. Five Bowl games, five wins. Very sweet. After that I watched the Orange Bowl, rooting for Virginia Tech because my friend Taylor went there, and they won. I was happy, I hope Taylor is happy. I've known Taylor almost as long as I've known my sister. Our Mother sang at his parents' wedding. Anyway, after watching football all day, now it's time for bed. Bowl season is a college football junkie's paradise. Of course, it's sort of like the big display at the end of a fireworks show--it's a long dry spell till football season starts up again.
xxooxx

No comments: