Monday, January 12, 2009

Sort of Normal

If you don't count the doctor appointment in the afternoon where we spent our time talking about my level of pain and drugs to relieve same, it was a sort of normal day--oh, except that the temperature was in the high 70's and it is the 12th of January for crying out loud. I slept late, breakfasted late, and went to Curves in the morning. After I got home from the doctor's, I made a meatloaf, Waldorf salad, and mashed potatoes--a real meal for Glenn. Glenn was a busy little beaver on his day off. When I got back from Curves he'd cleared out the kitchen and dining area (I can't bring myself to call an extension of the kitchen a dining room), swept the floor and was getting ready to attack it with the Swiffer Wetjet. The dinner that I lovingly made for him went on a table that was cleared of everything except the spider mums and the vase that my sister sent me for Christmas. The gerbera daisys have gone on to flower heaven, but the mums and the greenery still look as fresh as the day they arrived. The only thing that would have made the day normaler would be if I had gone off to work in the morning--oh, and didn't have cancer. Nothing is perfect.
xxooxx

No comments: