Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Independent businesswoman

The goal for today was to open my shop on Etsy, and it is open! I listed three sweaters for now. When I get the blanket and hat done, I'll list that too. The blanket and hat are a snap--the border for the blanket takes forever. Maybe if I kept at it the thing would just fly by, but it is the same pattern repeated 56 times. It is pretty good BART knitting because it isn't very wide--but it gets boring after a while. It is a really pretty border and sort of makes the blanket--but it's boring. I'm about 5/8 through with it and I've been working on it for weeks--between several other things. This is what I put in my shop:
and
We'll see if anyone snaps them up. I think I overpriced them, but we're taught not to ask for half a loaf. There must be grandma's out there willing to cough up big bucks to buy adorable things they can't or won't do for themselves. Now my knitting has a purpose. If I really worked up some energy, I'd take a bag of my stuff to some of the fancy shops on Burlingame Avenue and see if I can sell them there. Haven't got that kind of energy yet.
I'd best get busy and knit up a storm, because all proceeds are going to support my favorite charity--The Anne Carlson Vacation Fund.
xxooxx

3 comments:

Bertamom said...

They're adorable! I had a few passing thoughts about knitting up a bunch of the ornaments I made for 2008 and putting those on Etsy - have to give that more thought now! They're not nearly as ambitious as your darling baby things, tho --

Anonymous said...

For heaven’s sake, beloved, I am so glad you didn’t ask for half a loaf. What ever would have possessed you?

Bread is just not a good trade medium on the web. Honestly, darlinka!

Moolah, green and wrinkly, gold standard, that’s the good stuff, old thing, that’s what you want. Right straight into the bank account, hey presto, bing bang.

They do it electronically these days, don’t you know. You just push a button and, bingo!

That just doesn’t work with little loaves of bread. You’ve gotten addled with all those biblical texts.

Nor will netronic payment work with fish. Just forget that one too. Not that those scaly little things don’t have their uses in a nice big crowd. Herring in sour cream, especially.

OK. I think I’ve cleared that payment thing up, ok, lovey? No bread slices, just the straight silver jingley stuff.

Good sailing on the selling, the knitted stuff looks better than ever!!!

LLLuv,

RRR©Z

Victoria said...

Yay for you for getting onto Etsy! The worst thing that can happen is nothing, right? Or you could end up becoming a baby-clothes-knitting-billionaire, and Warren Buffett would be calling YOU up for loans...