Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank you God moment

Sometimes I think that God programs my radio station. When I got in the car after Curves, they were playing Dvorak's Romance for Violin in f minor. I remember studying that in 1983. I think that was the year I got over my adult violin stage fright. I played someplace different every weekend that May and the month had five weekends. In the end, I was too tired for stage fright. Now I can get up and play just about anyplace and there are no butterflies, no nerves. Just give me the violin and I'll play. It may not be perfect and I may not always be proud of the effort, but I'm not in a panic over it. It's much better this way.
Now, for the Dvorak. It is an amazing piece. God sent me enough red lights that I got to listen to it all the way home. It finished as I was crossing Skyline. I'm almost surprised I made it home in one piece, since that Romance transports me to another place entirely. It is so beautiful, so melodic, so amazing. It reaches out to a special place in my soul and leaves me in a state of bliss.
Do I respond by knitting or cleaning? Maybe both. Yesterday, I found some of my mother's travel diaries. The interesting ones were from our cross country trip in 1964 and from her time in England and Luxembourg in 1944 and 1945. Cleaning can be fun--if you don' t go crazy about it. Maybe I'll do a little more. I'm going through stuff downstairs and I can only do that when there's good light outside--the overhead light in the big room finally (after 30 years) burned out and it will take major cleaning and moving to be able to get to it to change the bulbs. Hence, the daylight raids. Then I can knit with a clear conscience.
Thank you, God for a glorious day--so far.
xxooxx

No comments: