Monday, December 29, 2008

The Fifth day of Christmas

I did not get five golden rings today. What I did get was an unpleasant chemo side effect. At 1:30 in the morning I made a quick dash to the bathroom and yielded up everything I'd eaten in the last few weeks. Well, that's what it felt like. When things settled down, I took a compazine and have stayed on that all day. 2:30 AM was another little encore. things have stayed down since then, but I feel like it was another rite of passage in the Cancer Club--sort of like the degrees in masonry. I could have gotten along without this one.
Tomorrow I see Dr. Chee--maybe I'll find out what the biopsy taught them. I know she's going to want to schedule another CAT scan, probably after the next chemo.
Here's just hoping for a quiet night.
xxooxx

3 comments:

Bertamom said...

Oh no! Not a fun way to wake up in the middle of the night. Hope the good meds help -

Anonymous said...

As this is now the 8th day of Christmas, I have been trying to engage eight Maids A-milking for you.

Howsoever, it is simply impossible, my very dearest love, to even get one good Maid A-milking, let alone eight. Good help is just so hard to find these days!

That @#$%*! Mabel has just drained the market dry, god bless her!

The Eight Ladies Dancing will be on loan from a local dance troupe. I hope you will enjoy the accompanying luau.

The Nine Lords A-Leaping are on their way from England at this very moment. However, I am not sanguine about their ability to leap. Some are quite old.

Hope the Compazine does its usual good work.

LLL,
RRR

~KQ~ said...

I am so sorry that you had a rough 5th day. I missed our walk today - not that I was actually ready to go a-walking at that hour... YOu remainin my prayers for a HEALTHY 2009!