Friday, December 12, 2008

A good cry

I tuned in on the middle of the 1949 Little Women on AMC tonight, just as Beth was getting the piano from Mr. Laurence. It was like settling down with an old freind--though I didn't meet this movie in color. I was pretty drenched by the time it was over--I could have stayed with the channel and watched The Man Who Came to Dinner and gotten over weepy really fast. but it was refreshing to have a really good cry over something that had NOTHING to do with cancer. It's just a great tug at your heartstrings sort of movie--more so because I've seen it so many times and am so familar with the story that I knew almost every line of dialogue. That was fine--I could cry in anticipation because I knew what was coming up.
I might have been overly sentimental because I had a good talk with my daughter before I went channel surfing. I was already feeling all warm and happy.
Anyway, that's my little post script for the evening--of course when I went to write it, I realized that I hadn't published the previous post that I did this afternoon. So when you're reading them, realize that there were hours between them.I'm going to go put my music for tomorrow's rehearsal with my violin, then toddle off to bed before I get the chance to forget anything else.
Good grief! I either spelled and/or typed everything right in this post or my spellcheck is dead!
xxooxx

No comments: