Tuesday, December 2, 2008

And the sucking continues

I met with my oncologist today. I told her I'm not a happy girl. She said she isn't either. She will be talking to my other oncologists and come up with a plan of attack by the end of next week. This time, it will probably be chemo and radiation to shrink the new tumor first then surgery if it is still there. To that end, I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss putting the portacath back in. Too bad. We were so optimistic when we took it out. Glenn says we did it before, we can do it again. OK, then, that's what we will do. At least I don't have the prospect of recovering from surgery over Christmas, but with luck, I'll feel like real crap then. Not that I'm in any mood to put off treatment. I would start yesterday if I could and if it would make me better.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darlingest A.Pie—

When things get their suckiest
Go for life’s lollypops
I know you
My love
You know just where to find them.
You always have
When you have exhausted your immense store of
Extra skeins of yarn
Friends in Canada
That book you’ve been meaning to read
You could actually go for real lollypops
They come in gourmandish favorites with chocolate to fabulous sugar-free spheres theses days
Or you could call your crazy-as-candy-on-stick friend
And insist on backup
Or
Failing the Pollyanna Cure
We have

The Dammittohell Whyizthishappeningtome Remedy

Take

2 glass wine goblets
3 glass water tumblers
1 glass dessert plate with cookies or brownies
1 bottle of wine or juice

- Remove yourself to the basement, behind the heater where you can see the cement wall.

- PUT ON YOUR SAFETY GOGGLES.

- Pickup each glass object carefully.

- Throw it at the cement wall with great force, screaming an appropriate epithet such as “I am so friggin’ mad I could spit nails” or “Hell and Damnation.”

- Keep throwing each glass object until nothing is left.

- Drink the wine or juice.

- Eat the cookies or brownies.

- Leave the mess for someone else to clean up.

I am told this usually takes care of moderate pain issues for at least a week.

LLLove,
RRR©Z