Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chemo version 2.1

I was the first patient at the infusion center, so I got to reclaim "my" chair--maybe not such a good place on a winter morning, because when the sun came streaming through the window, it practically blinded me. Since I'm not getting taxol this time, I didn't get the benedryl and pepsid premeds, just the dexamethasone and aloxi. The doxil only took 90 minutes or so to infuse, so it made for a much shorter session--Glenn and I were home around noon. The doxil is red.
In the afternoon, I has a follow up visits with Dr. Kubin (primary care) and Dr. Allen (surgeon who put in my port). All is well--except, of course--I have cancer. Now I'm just waiting to see how I handle this one. It is sort of like waiting for both shoes to drop. You know something is going to happen, just not sure when or what it will be like.
My friend Margaret came over in the evening, bearing Chinese food for dinner, which was yummy. After dinner, we settled down to knit. Margaret is a novice knitter, but she is doing very good work. I was just there to make sure she understood the directions and to teach her how to do new stuff. I'm working on something new--a baby bunting--cute but probably more work than I really want to do, but I started it so I guess I have to finish it.
Back to waiting.
xxooxx

No comments: