Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Silver Polishing

Is harder than I remembered. Maybe it's the years of tarnish that I'm trying to polish off. Somehow, sweeping up inches of dust was easier. So I won't get it all done in one day, or maybe even one month. Surely not with one jar of silver cream. Now I'm resting from putting a good start on one teapot and a creamer. I still have nuts to crack for the fudge.
Naturally in today's earlier post, I forgot to mention the highlight of the weekend. That would have been Bethany's Christmas Concert. I Solisti de Bethany did quite well, both on our instrumental pieces, Snow Lay on the Ground and Ding! Dong! Merrily on High and accompanying the congregation on Go Tell it on the Mountain, Oh Come all ye Faithful, What Child is This (with all the right words), and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. I played Pietro Yon's Gesu Bambino--not as well as I did when i was practicing regularly with a teacher, but well enough for now. The concert was during a really grand rain storm. The raindrops didn't drown out the program, but at times it came close. You can have your White Christmas--for me, Christmas is a driving rainstorm. I still remember walking home from Kindergarten, the last day of school before Christmas vacation. I was five years old, and I remember getting drenched. That's Christmas.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne:

Polishing dip is the answer for all the lazy people of the world.

However, your humor and outlook on life take the tarnish off everything.

You, Gretchen and I need to meet in 2009 and create our own brand of "tarnish."

Kathy Nakase