Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Third Day of Christmas

The beauty of a 12 day feast is that it isn't over at 8 PM on Christmas day. That's just the partridge in the pear tree day. Yesterday, we had to try to keep the turtle doves separated. Today I'm trying my limited French on the three French hens. The real beauty of a 12 day feast is that you can go Christmas shopping when everyone else thinks it's over. I won't see my sister till Tuesday, so I was able to get what I really, really wanted to get for her with no fuss. And Gretchen, if you think I'm giving away clues, guess again. But it will come, wrapped in a Mollie Stone's brown bag, just like everyone else's this year. I also got more baby yarn for my favorite sweater. I couldn't find the foam blocks I need for a new and exciting knitting project--so I ordered them on line. You can do anything on line. I also went to Macy's in Palo Alto and found some skirts that fit. I was afraid I was going to have to start going to church in sweats, but I've been saved from that fashion faux pas. Of course, this flurry of excitement started with a medical outing--time to have my blood sucked again. I'm always surprised that there is any left for them, but they seem to find it.
Now that the to do list for the day is done, I can relax, knit, and watch Cal play in their bowl game. Not the Rose Bowl, but a bowl game all the same. Go Bears!
Feeling somewhat crappy, but I had places to go, things to do. Now I can become a drugged slug for the rest of the evening.
xxooxx

1 comment:

~KQ~ said...

you may not have dispensation later, when you are better, but while you are sick we'd rather have you there in sweats than not there at all. Remember: no one will even notice.