Friday, December 12, 2008

Off and running

I had the port put in yesterday. The area is a little sore, but it was without incident. Glenn got me there by 9:15 and we got home shortly after 1 PM. I went to my Eastern Star meeting last night. I was a little loopy, but I made it through. I had a local for the procedure. If I'd had a general, I'd have been sleeping for the rest of the day and evening. I did arrange a ride to chapter.
Today was my oncologist appointment. I'm having a biopsy on Tuesday--be at the hospital by 7 AM and plan on spending most of the day there. Chemo begins on Thursday, with something called Liposomal doxorubicin, or Doxil, which I said sounded like the King's mistress. I have two cycles of 28 days scheduled. After that, I'll be having another CAT scan to see how the tumor reacted to the first two rounds. I'm not overly thrilled about the whole process, but I'm glad to be moving on it. The boxing gloves are our and ready to be put on. Since it is a new (for me) drug, I guess I'll be in for a whole new round of sensations. Yippee. And they said the appointments should take about two hours--the last time it was more like five.
So that's it for now. I have a fullish weekend, with an orchestra practice in the morning and our church Christmas concert on Sunday evening. I won't be resting the violin on the port site, but bowing will possibly be a little uncomfortable--that's why they make drugs. I need to finish the Christmas cards before Tuesday and get them into the mail. Glenn and I might even get a tree this weekend! I got a wreath on Wednesday--and of course the nativity sets have been up all year, knowing that Christmas would come again.
xxooxx

No comments: