Friday, December 19, 2008

A perfect evening

In case you are wondering, I'm doing fine so far. So there I was, playing Spider this afternoon, thinking it was almost time to watch Dr. Phil, when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone, but went to answer it. It was my daughter and my granddaughters! Many hugs and smiles and hugs. We visited for a while, then everyone wanted to learn to knit, so out came spare yarn and needles and we were on. Rebecca picked it up the fastest, Monica took a little longer, and Elaine got frustrated and quit. I made Victoria's tomato soup for dinner--it is always good to keep the fixings for that on hand, because it is really good. The girls and I went back to knitting, Elaine cleaned the kitchen. It was a lovely way to spend the evening. I finally threw them out just after 9 when everyone was getting tired.
I am one happy grandma. The knitting samples will be saved for the next lesson.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

What a wonderful treat! I should get that recipe for tomato soup - yummy! And perfect for this weather --