Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fog

The fog is finally coming in--not, however, on little cat feet. It is blowing a gale outside and I'm loving it. I'm hoping to be able to see and chew the air in the morning. It has been way hotter than I'm happy with for the last few days. Even with the heat, though, they have been productive days. Thursday afternoon I went back to the cranial prosthesis shop with my friend Dory. I picked up the CP that came as close as possible to my natural hair color. And I ordered two more, so that I can be a blond or redhead as the mood strikes me. The red one brings out every bit of Irish blood I own, so I think it will be part of my Celtic Fiddling attire even after my own hair comes back (presumably sometime in 2009). It was a little over the top, but what is the point of going through this whole exercise if I can't be a little over the top.
From the hair store we went on to Stanford Shopping Center, where I did my bit to keep Macy's in the black. It was good to shop. We followed that with dinner at Max's. I almost felt like a normal person.
Friday was dressing change day. That, too, was good. The wound is only 2 cm and may very well close on its own before I'm done with chemo. I see both surgeons about that on Monday. I hope they are as pleased with the progress as I am.
Today was the Spring Tea at church. I got to wear a new dress and new hair. The hair was warm--no, it was hot--but I didn't think yanking it off and fanning myself would have been terribly tasteful. The tea was delightful. I ate myself stupid and enjoyed every minute of it. My Oncologist made the mistake of telling me this wasn't a time to be dieting and I took her at her word. There is just something about little tea sandwiches and dainty cookies and fresh fruit and dainty cookies and dainty cookies. Oh, and did I mention the cookies? I came home and took a three hour nap. Cookies are exhausting.
The Giants must know I'm feeling better, because they are not doing at all well. I hope they don't think that they only time they can win is when I'm feeling like crap.
I'm going to enjoy some cold air now.
xxooxx

No comments: