Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good Things

I'm more or less out of pain, at least out of big major wake me up when it's over pain. The open wound is closing, slowly but surely. When I cam home from the hospital the end of March, the tube was 7 cm deep--it is now 2 and the nurses can actually see the end of it when they pack it. Maybe it will heal on its own from the inside the way it is supposed to and save me yet another procedure when I'm done with chemo. And now that I'm done with the major pain for this round, I officially consider myself 1/3 through with chemo, The next two weeks of feeling relatively good are gravy.
It is beastly hot, which I just don't do, but with the G I Jane do, it is easy to keep my head cool. Even the hot won't last forever. The marine layer is just waiting to be sucked in when the heat in the valley creates enough of a vacuum on the coast. I'm looking for nice gray air I can see and chew. In the meantime, I did a small search and destroy mission on my dresser and found the remote control for my bedroom fan. Life is sweet at the moment.
xxooxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We say a prayer of thanksgiving for our natural air conditioner! It's cooler this morning than it was yesterday morning - hope! Good to see you on Wed. -

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne, missing you lots at the moment. You have a new deskmate. Jim Worster moved in next to you because I needed the space for some new folks. Barry and I will call you and see how your feeling. We're jetting to Singapore next Friday for a day (back on Memorial day). Maybe we can get together before we go.