Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Insomnia

Oh--I haven't yet discussed this subject, near and dear to all chemo patients. That is why I am up at 3 in the morning when I have a 9 o'clock chemo appointment. I've been traveling through the wide wonderful world of sleep aids. Haven't found a favorite yet, but I haven't tried them all. I am beginning to understand how people overdose. So, do I get up and knit--seems overkill, besides, both arms are bright red from trying to finish the sweaters for the little girls in Atlanta. I'm so close, albeit less close than I was when I realized that two skeins of a different dye lot made it into my bag of yarn. One I had already used on the two year old's sleeves and also on the back ribbing band for the three year old. I discovered the error as I was about to start sleeve #2 for the three year old. So back to the yarn shop to trade out the last wrong skein for a right skein. The owner gave me a second one, since she loves me, I spend lots of money there, and I'd done so much work, and she should have checked the dye lots in the first place. So this afternoon, I finished sleeve #2 for the three year old--the rest of the sweater is done and just waiting for the sleeve seems and setting in the sleeves--and I got 2/3 through with the errant sleeve for the 2 year old. Sleeve #1 for her only has two or three wrong rows. I'll decide what to do about that when everything else is finished. It shouldn't take very long. With luck, I'll have them packed up and ready to mail off by Friday. So maybe I won't to that right now. I could read more James Patterson--I'm on "Violates are Blue," I think I have only three or four more Alex Cross novels to read, I've read all of the Women's Murder Club, but there are several other non serial books to read. Then I can move on to John Gresham. I've only read "The Appeal," loved it, and want to read more. I could just stare into space or count sheep or just give it up and wait for 7 to come and have breakfast and get ready for that 9 o'clock chemo. More later.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh - insomnia. Not fun. Do you need some more movies to watch? I could send you a list --