Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On the mend

So this seems to be the pattern. Chemo on Wednesday, start feeling bad sometime Friday, and by Tuesday, I'm working my way out of it. I actually dressed today and have somewhat more energy. I definitely hurt less. I've added another layette to the stash of baby clothes and have started on a set of sweaters for the daughters of my night nurse from the second stay at the hospital. The challenge there is that I'm actually making something I've never made before, so I'll have to be a little heads up while I'm working on it--as opposed to the two patterns that I can actually do in my sleep.
This is exciting. I have two weeks of feeling almost good stretching out before me with only four appointments before the next session. I'll try not to go too crazy. Maybe I'll take a nap so that I have the energy to deal with all this feeling good.
xxooxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne,
I'm so glad to hear that you are gracefully taking this rhythm of healing in stride, and that you have days and days of feeling good ahead of you!
We did miss you at church on Sunday, but figured you weren't quite ready for your next public appearance. (You missed some awesome organ hymns, including "the rollerskating hymn"... it was fun!)